Rewards terms & conditions
Nectar Collect – 2 Points per £1 for Virgin Trains East Coast Tickets
- Collect 2 points for every £1 spent on Virgin Trains East Coast tickets bought online through virgintrainseastcoast.com (desktop website & mobile website).
- All journeys where a customer travels on a Virgin Trains East Coast train (whether for the whole journey or just part of it) are eligible for Nectar points. So, a journey on a Virgin Trains East Coast train between York and London King’s Cross would receive points, as would a journey including travel on a Virgin Trains East Coast train (for example, a journey from Scarborough to Brighton, which would connect onto a Virgin Trains East Coast service between York and London King’s Cross).
- In order to collect Nectar points for eligible bookings, you must link your Nectar card to your virgintrainseastcoast.com account.
- To link your Nectar card you must enter the last 11 digits of your Nectar card number when prompted during the booking process or alternatively click on ‘Your Account’ and then ‘Nectar & Virgin Atlantic Flying Club’ at virgintrainseastcoast.com. Once you have linked your Nectar card the Virgin Trains East Coast website will remember your details for future transactions.
- If you are unable to input your Nectar card number on virgintrainseastcoast.com when making your initial transaction which is eligible for Nectar points, you will have 24 hours to return to the site to link your Nectar card to your Virgin Trains East Coast account to successfully collect the points you accrued on that transaction.
- Points cannot be collected on any element of a transaction which is paid for by redeeming a National Rail Travel voucher.
- Incorrect or invalid Nectar cards or Nectar card numbers will not be awarded points. Customers are responsible for ensuring the number entered is correct.
- Points will appear on your account within 28 days of buying your tickets.
- In the case of a refund the awarded Nectar points will be deducted from your Nectar account within 28 days of the refund. Where a change is made to your booking, the points collected will be increased or reduced based on the final transaction amount.
- You will not be able to collect points on Virgin Trains West Coast routes on www.virgintrainseastcoast.com and vice versa, please ensure you are on the relevant website when purchasing your tickets to ensure you collect your Nectar points.
- Virgin Trains East Coast reserves the right to: (a) withdraw at any time any Nectar points that were granted in the case of any fraudulent activity or in error; (b) withhold or delay issuing Nectar points; or (c) change these terms at any time.
Nectar Rewards – Virgin Trains East Coast eVouchers
- Your chosen Virgin Trains East Coast eVoucher will entitle you to the cash amount of Virgin Trains East Coast credit which can be used as either full or part payment on Virgin Trains East Coast Advance ticket transactions only made at virgintrainseastcoast.com.
- eVouchers cannot be used to purchase any tickets or products other than Virgin Trains East Coast Advance tickets at virgintrainseastcoast.com. The eVoucher can only be used against bookings made the desktop version of the Virgin Trains East Coast online booking engine (currently not the mobile retail site)
- Multiple eVouchers can be applied to one transaction at virgintrainseastcoast.com
- eVouchers have no cash value. Unused, lost, expired and redeemed eVouchers cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Your eVoucher will be displayed on screen after you have redeemed your points at nectar.com and can be used immediately at virgintrainseastcoast.com (subject to these terms and conditions).
- A confirmation email will also be sent to the email address assigned to your Nectar Account within 24 hours. You will have the opportunity to update your email address prior to confirming your order. If you do not receive your confirmation email, call the Nectar helpline on 0344 811 0811.
- In order to spend the eVoucher you will need to have a registered account with Virgin Trains East Coast and you must be signed into your account in order to spend the eVoucher. If you do not already have a virgintrainseastcoast.com account you can create one in advance, or at the time of making a booking.
- You can store your eVoucher in your Virgin Trains East Coast account by signing into the Your Account section of the Virgin Trains East Coast website, and then entering your eVoucher code into the relevant field. The eVoucher will then be stored in your account for when you are ready to use it.
- We recommend storing your eVoucher details to your Virgin Trains East Coast account as soon as you have received the eVoucher as you will not be able to view your eVoucher from your Nectar account.
- You can also use your eVoucher directly on the payment pages at virgintrainseastcoast.com, provided you are logged in when selecting your Virgin Trains East Coast Advance ticket(s).
- Each eVoucher is valid to use on the Virgin Trains East Coast website for a minimum of 12 months from the date it is redeemed at nectar.com. We encourage you to make a note of the expiry date when you receive your reward. Any expired eVouchers will be removed from your account automatically upon expiry.
- If you do not spend the entire value of your eVoucher in one transaction, the remaining value will be stored in your Virgin Trains East Coast account until you wish to use on your next booking, or the expiry date, which ever date is soonest.
- You will be eligible to collect Nectar points on the full value of any element of any Virgin Trains East Coast Advance ticket transaction which has been part or fully paid for by redeeming points in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- All standard Virgin Trains East Coast terms and conditions apply
- By exchanging your Nectar points for an eVoucher, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. For full terms and conditions including the Nectar collector rules click here
- eVouchers remain the property of Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Ltd of 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0NN.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club – 2 Miles per £1 spent on Virgin Trains East Coast tickets
- Collect 2 miles for every £1 spent on Virgin Trains East Coast tickets bought online through virgintrainseastcoast.com (desktop website & mobile website). Miles are awarded for each ticket separately, see point 7 below.
- All journeys where a customer travels on a Virgin Trains East Coast train (whether for the whole journey or just part of it) are eligible for Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles. So, a journey on a Virgin Trains East Coast train between York and London King’s Cross would receive miles, as would a journey including travel on a Virgin Trains East Coast train (for example, a journey from Scarborough to Brighton, which would connect onto a Virgin Trains East Coast service between York and London King’s Cross).
- In order to collect Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles for eligible bookings, you must link your Virgin Atlantic Flying Club membership number to your virgintrainseastcoast.com account.
- To link your Virgin Atlantic Flying Club account you must enter your full membership number when prompted during the booking process or alternatively click on ‘Your Account’ and then ‘Virgin Atlantic Flying Club‘ at virgintrainseastcoast.com. Once you have linked your card the Virgin Trains East Coast website will remember your details for future transactions.
- Miles cannot be collected on any element of a transaction which is paid for by redeeming a National Rail Travel voucher.
- Incorrect or invalid Virgin Atlantic Flying Club membership numbers will not be awarded miles. Customers are responsible for ensuring the number entered is correct.
- Miles will appear in your account depending on the type of ticket purchased. See table below for details. If the miles do not appear within the timescales outlined below, please click here to make a claim. Please note: you must be logged in to your Flying Club account to view the Claim Missing Miles form. Please note: tickets from bookings containing more than one ticket are processed separately (according to the timings outlined below) and therefore Miles associated with an individual booking may be credited in batches.
Miles will appear in your account:
Advance tickets (which are non-refundable)
The day after travel
All other ticket types
31 days after the end of the validity period of the ticket
- In the case of a refund the awarded miles will be deducted from your Virgin Atlantic Flying Club account within 28 days of the refund. Where a change is made to your booking, the miles collected will be increased or reduced based on the final transaction amount.
- You will not be able to collect miles on Virgin Trains West Coast routes on www.virgintrainseastcoast.com and vice versa, please ensure you are on the relevant website when purchasing your tickets to ensure you collect your Virgin Atlantic miles.
- Virgin Trains East Coast reserves the right to: (a) withdraw at any time any Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles that were granted in the case of any fraudulent activity or in error; (b) withhold or delay issuing miles; or (c) change these terms at any time.
Increased Value Redemptions Terms & Conditions
- This offer will run between 1 March 2015 and 31 May 2015 (inclusive) (the Offer Period)
- During the Offer Period instead of the standard Nectar offer, where 500 points equals £2.50 to spend, 500 points will now equal £3.75 to spend. So you will be able to choose any of the following eVoucher denominations: £3.75 eVoucher for 500 points, a £7.50 eVoucher for 1,000 points, £15 eVoucher for 2,000 points, £30 eVoucher for 4,000 points or a £75 eVoucher for 10,000 points.
- Virgin Trains East Coast usual eVoucher terms and conditions apply
East Coast Rewards terms & conditions
Important information about the Rewards scheme
i) The Rewards scheme closed at midnight on 28 February 2015
ii) No further Rewards points can be earned after 28 February 2015
iii) No applications for Rewards membership will be accepted after 28 February 2015
iv) Existing Rewards members have until 30 September 2015 to redeem any existing Rewards Points against the range of redemption options
1. Important information about these Terms and Conditions
1.1 These Terms and Conditions set out the contractual relationship between East Coast Main Line Company Limited and each individual (“Member” or “you”) who has registered for and been accepted onto the Virgin Trains East Coast Rewards Scheme (the “Scheme”). It's important that you read these Terms and Conditions carefully for your own benefit and protection. We intend to rely on these Terms and Conditions and it is our intention that you will be legally bound by them. If you do not wish to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, please do not register for the Scheme.
1.3 IN PARTICULAR, YOUR ATTENTION IS DRAWN TO CLAUSES 8.2, 9, 10.5, 12 AND 13.
1.4 If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions or in connection with the Scheme, please contact us using the details set out on the Website.
1.5 Virgin Trains East Coast advises that you print a copy of these Terms and Conditions so you can refer to them in the future.
1.6 The Scheme is run by East Coast Main Line Company Limited, a company registered in England at Companies House (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “Virgin Trains East Coast” or “us” or “we”). Our registered number is 04659708 and our registered address is at Friars Bridge Court, 41-45 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NZ. Our VAT registration number is GB435757819.
6. Points issued through the East Coast Rewards Scheme
6.1 Points earned are valid for two years from the day on which they are credited to your account or until the Scheme closes.
6.2 Each Member will have access to their own account page on the Scheme area of the Website where the number of Points you have accrued will be shown. Members will be able to see the following information up-to-date as at the previous working day:
6.2.1 Current Points — this is the number of Points earned by you that are currently available to be redeemed by you;
6.2.2 Points due to expire – this is the number of Points that are available to be redeemed but that are due to expire within the next 30 days if they are not used before that time;
6.2.3 Spent Points — this is the number of Points that have been redeemed by you already.
66.4 Any tax liability or tax disclosure obligations connected with your receipt or use of Scheme Points or Rewards are the responsibility of the Member, not Virgin Trains East Coast.
6.5 Where you have earned Points on any Product which is subsequently refunded in accordance with the terms and conditions for that Product, the Points you would have earned on that Product will be deducted from your account at the time of the refund being given.
6.7 Virgin Trains East Coast reserves the right to change the conversion value of Points or the Rewards that can be claimed at its discretion from time to time. Virgin Trains East Coast will give reasonable prior notice on the Website of any such change.
7. Your Use of the Scheme
7.1 Virgin Trains East Coast’s website usage terms apply to your general use of the Website and the Scheme areas of it. In addition, you must:
7.1.1 not use the Scheme or this Website for any unlawful, fraudulent or dishonest purpose, including but not limited to:
- Knowingly supplying incorrect or misleading information
- Selling, bartering and/or attempting to sell or transfer Rewards to another person; or
- Knowingly benefiting from the fraud, misconduct or breach of these Terms and Conditions by any Member or other individual
7.1.2 not use the Scheme or this Website in a manner which causes or may cause an infringement of the rights of any other person, firm or company (whether in breach of confidentiality or intellectual property rights or otherwise); or
7.1.3 not make any unauthorised, false or fraudulent purchase.
7.2 None of the Material relating to the Scheme may be reproduced or redistributed without our prior written permission, except that you may download or print a single copy for your own personal non-commercial use. In this clause, “Material” means all content, information, vouchers and other materials provided to you in connection with the Scheme (whether on a computer screen, in email or paper format).
7.3 All Product names, trade marks, service names or marks and company names mentioned on the Website and in connection with the Scheme are the property of Virgin Trains East Coast or their respective owners.
8. Member’s Right to End Membership
8.1 You may cease to be a Member at any time by giving written notice either by post or email to Virgin Trains East Coast using our contact details on the Website. Until Virgin Trains East Coast receives such termination, Virgin Trains East Coast may continue to communicate with the Member.
8.2 Please be aware that if you end your membership all unused Points and Rewards accrued by or issued to you may no longer be available.
9. Virgin Trains East Coast’s Right to End Membership
9.1 Virgin Trains East Coast reserves the right at any time to suspend or terminate the membership of any Member without notice if, in Virgin Trains East Coast’s reasonable opinion, there has been a serious failure by you to comply with your responsibilities in these Terms and Conditions. In such a situation, Virgin Trains East Coast may also take any other action it considers appropriate, including, but not limited to, withholding or removing Points from your account.
9.2 Virgin Trains East Coast reserves the right to discontinue the Scheme or any individual Rewards at any time.
9.5 If your membership, any individual Rewards or the Scheme as a whole are due to end for the reasons set out in clauses 9.2, Virgin Trains East Coast will give reasonable prior notice (on the Website or otherwise) in order to allow you an opportunity to use up your accrued Points and Rewards. However, for the avoidance of doubt this clause 9.5 will not apply where Virgin Trains East Coast ends or suspends membership as set out in clause 9.1.
9.6 If we or you end your membership of the Scheme we may delete our records of your Scheme membership and your Data without liability to you.
10. Data Protection
10.2 Virgin Trains East Coast may obtain the following information about Members in connection with the Scheme (“Data”):
10.2.1 Member registration data and other data supplied by the Member. This includes information we require to identify you (e.g. name, email address, year of birth) and certain optional information that we invite you to provide about yourself when you register;
10.2.2 Data about travel booked or undertaken by the Member;
10.2.3 Data collected when the Member redeems Points and is provided with Rewards.
10.3 The only third parties who we allow to access your Data are:
10.3.1 the companies who assist Virgin Trains East Coast in its management of its loyalty schemes (Rewards, Nectar & Virgin Flying Club) and who provide hosting and support services for the Website, and/or marketing and market research services to Virgin Trains East Coast, but only to the extent necessary for those purposes; and
10.3.2 our selected partner organisations who supply Rewards under the Scheme to the extent necessary for them to do so.
10.4 We use your Data for the following purposes:
10.4.1 management and administration of its loyalty schemes, including providing customer service for the schemes;
10.4.2 maintaining our customer records;
10.4.3 communicating to Members information about the schemes, including, but not limited to, information about Rewards, using the contact details provided by the Member;
10.4.4 communication to Members about other similar Products, services or facilities offered by Virgin Trains East Coast from time to time;
10.4.5 conducting market research.
10.5 When joining Virgin Trains East Coast Rewards, you will automatically be opted into marketing communications from East Coast. If you are currently registered at virgintrainseastcoast.com and your current mailing preference is opted out, your status will change to opted in. Please note that it is a condition of being a Member of the Scheme that you accept Virgin Trains East Coast sending you promotional messages by post (using the billing address you provide when purchasing Products on the Website) and by email, unless you notify us that you wish to opt out of such messages. Should a Member opt out of post or email marketing communications at any time then their use of the Scheme will be suspended.
10.6 Consent to receive marketing and market research communications will be requested by Virgin Trains East Coast at the time of your completion of the membership application and may also be given by you after this time. You may withdraw your consent at any time in writing to Virgin Trains East Coast Rewards, East Coast House, Skeldergate, York YO1 6DH. All email communications will also include the facility for you to unsubscribe to all future email communications.
Should you unsubscribe from marketing and market research communications this will terminate your membership of the scheme, as opt-in is a key condition of loyalty membership.
12.1 While we try to ensure that the Scheme area of the Website is functioning correctly, this may not always be achievable. We do not guarantee that you will be able to access the Scheme area of the Website all the time or at any specific time (e.g. if our computer systems used to provide the Website are under repair or maintenance or are otherwise unavailable).
12.2 Except for the commitments we expressly make in these Terms and Conditions and any additional commitments arising out of your consumer rights granted by law, we do not make any other commitments or warranties about the Scheme.
13. Our Liability to You
13.1 For further information about your legal rights and how they may be affected by these Terms and Conditions including, but not limited to, this section on our liability to you, we advise you to contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau. If any problems arise with your use of the Website or the Scheme please contact us as soon as possible.
13.2 In this clause 13, “losses” means, without limitation, any losses, costs, damages, injuries, accidents or claims suffered by you or any third party.
13.3 Virgin Trains East Coast cannot be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged Rewards once issued. In this event, replacement Rewards will not be issued. Rewards are non-refundable and neither Points nor Rewards can be redeemed for cash or re-sold. If any Points or Rewards are not used before their expiry date, no replacement will be issued nor compensation given.
13.4 Virgin Trains East Coast is not responsible to you for any losses which you may incur which were not a foreseeable or obvious consequence of Virgin Trains East Coast breaching these Terms and Conditions – including, but not limited to, for example, if you or Virgin Trains East Coast could not have anticipated those losses before or when Virgin Trains East Coast accepted your registration for the Scheme or when you claimed a Reward or it was not obvious that those losses would result.
13.5 Virgin Trains East Coast will not be responsible to you for losses you suffer due to any event beyond our reasonable control.
13.6 Virgin Trains East Coast’s liability to you shall not include any business losses that you may incur, including, but not limited to, lost business data, lost profits or business interruption.
13.7 Virgin Trains East Coast will not be responsible to you if there is unauthorised access to your registration details or unauthorised activity on the Scheme area of the Website as a result of your membership details becoming known by someone else, unless this is due to Virgin Trains East Coast’s own failure to take proper care. You should contact us as soon as possible if you believe that anyone has obtained your log-in details without your permission or if you become aware of any other breach of security on the Website.
13.8 Virgin Trains East Coast does not exclude (in any circumstances and regardless of any wording to the contrary) its liability (if any) to you for:
13.8.1 death or personal injury arising from Virgin Trains East Coast’s failure to take proper care;
13.8.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
13.8.3 any matter for which it would be illegal for Virgin Trains East Coast to exclude or attempt to exclude Virgin Trains East Coast’s liability.
14. Other Important Information
14.1 English law applies to these Terms and Conditions. If any disputes arise between you and us in relation to these Terms and Conditions and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so in the English courts unless you reside in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, in which case you may do so in the courts of the country in which you reside.
14.2 You may have other rights granted by law. If those rights and these Terms and Conditions are inconsistent, these Terms and Conditions will override any other rights which you may have, unless that is not permitted by law.
14.3 Any notices sent by Virgin Trains East Coast to you individually will be sent to the most recent email address or postal address provided to Virgin Trains East Coast by you.
14.4 We may occasionally update these Terms and Conditions, for example to comply with changes in the law or to change the way the Scheme is run. We will not notify you individually of such changes. You should read the latest version on the Website when you are redeeming or earning Points to ensure you are happy with any changes.
14.5 Except as set out in clause 14.1, Virgin Trains East Coast’s decision shall be final and binding in all matters regarding the Scheme.
14.6 These Terms and Conditions are a contract between you and Virgin Trains East Coast and form the entire agreement between us in relation to the Scheme. Unless you are aged under 18 and are using the Scheme with the consent of your parent or guardian, neither you nor Virgin Trains East Coast intend that these Terms and Conditions will be enforceable by anyone except you and Virgin Trains East Coast whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
15. Redeeming Points for Rewards
15.1 Points can currently be used to purchase the following items (“Rewards”): eVouchers, First Class Single Tickets, Standard Single tickets, access to East Coast First Class Lounges, East Coast Wi-Fi vouchers and a range of third party items and benefits. Please be aware that:
15.1.1 No alternative cash equivalent or refunds will be given for any Points earned or Rewards claimed under the Scheme;
15.1.2 All Rewards are subject to availability;
15.1.3 Products and services obtained using Rewards are subject to Virgin Trains East Coast’s (or where applicable, the relevant third party provider’s) standard terms & conditions for those Products or services. Terms and conditions relating to the various third party rewards and benefits are available at virgintrainseastcoast.com ; and
15.1.4 With the exception of train ticket Rewards, Points and Rewards can only be used by the individual who is a Member of the Scheme and are not transferable. Membership Rewards must not be re-sold. If any Rewards are suspected by Virgin Trains East Coast to have been sold by you to a third party, East Coast has the right to terminate your membership in accordance with clause 9.1 above.
The following terms also apply to specific types of Rewards:
Points can be converted to eVouchers at the rate of 1 Point = £0.01 eVoucher. For example, 1,400 Points translates to a £14.00 eVoucher to spend. An eVoucher once issued by East Coast will expire 6 months after issue.
The minimum amount of Points you can convert to an eVoucher is 100 Points (i.e. value of £1). eVouchers will be credited to your account within 24 hours.
15.3 Rewards of First Class and Standard Single Tickets
15.3.1 Members can claim an East Coast First Class or Standard Class single train ticket for journeys operated by East Coast for 460 Points (First Class) or 255 Points (Standard Class). 4 x single tickets can be redeemed at a discounted rate of 1565 Points (First Class) or 920 Points(Standard Class).). 15.3.2 Rewards tickets are subject to availability at Virgin Trains East Coast’s discretion, for example they may not be available at peak times or key periods such as Bank Holidays, Christmas or special events. Rewards tickets are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. If the tickets on the East Coast train on which you wish to travel have already been allocated, you will need to select an alternative service that has availability..
15.3.3 All Reward tickets are for travel on Virgin Trains East Coast trains only.
15.3.4 Bookings using Reward tickets must be made a minimum of seven days in advance of travel. The earlier you book, the more likely you are to get your preferred travel dates and times. Reservations are generally available up to 12 weeks in advance of travel.
15.3.5 Each Reward ticket is valid for 6 months from redemption.
15.3.6 Reward tickets are only valid on the booked date and time, as specified on the reservation coupon. Journeys using Rewards tickets which require a connection between two or more Virgin Trains East Coast services need to be booked as entirely separate journeys.
15.3.7 No changes can be made to journey details once booked.
15.3.8 You may not break and resume your journey at an intermediate station except to change to/from connecting Virgin Trains East Coast trains as shown on your ticket.
15.3.9 Up to 3 child (ages 5-15) tickets can be booked with each adult ticket, at a cost of £5 Standard and £10 First Class one way per child.
15.3.10 Up to two children under the age of 5 per ticket can travel free but no seat reservation will be issued.
15.3.11 Reward First Class tickets do not permit access to the Virgin Trains East Coast First Class Lounge at King's Cross, unless the appropriate supplement is paid or you hold a Virgin Trains East Coast First Class Lounge pass Reward (see below). Rewards First Class tickets do permit access into all other Virgin Trains East Coast First Class Lounges.
15.3.12 Reward tickets have no cash value and cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative, refund or any other ticket.
15.3.13 In the event that your booked train has been cancelled or severely delayed, you are permitted to travel on the next available service, on this occasion. Your seating accommodation is not guaranteed. Reward train tickets are non refundable. Points will not be reinstated if you miss your train, or if your booked train is cancelled or severely delayed. No compensation will be made in respect of delays or train cancellations experienced when using a Reward ticket to travel.
15.3.14 Rewards tickets are transferable and can be booked for someone else.
15.3.15 Children aged 11 and under may not travel unaccompanied using Rewards tickets.
15.3.16 You must present your tickets and reservations on board at the time of travel or at any other time at the request of Virgin Trains East Coast staff or their representatives.
15.3.17 Reward tickets must not be offered for sale or exchanged in any way for gain including utilisation in lotteries, raffles or any other means as a prize or part thereof. Reward tickets cannot be resold. Virgin Trains East Coast reserves the right to suspend or cancel Reward tickets and/or Virgin Trains East Coast Rewards membership if fraudulent use is suspected.
15.3.18 All passengers are carried subject to the normal travel terms and conditions of Virgin Trains East Coast and the National Rail Conditions of Carriage.
15.4 Wi-Fi Codes
15.4.1 Members can claim a code that entitles them to either 24 hours, 3 months, 6 months or 12 months of free Virgin Trains East Coast on-board Wi-Fi access. The Wi-Fi code can be used in Standard Class accommodation on any Virgin Trains East Coast trains for 24 consecutive hours (50 Points), 3 months (1125 Points), 6 months (1740 Points) or 12 months (3075 Points). Codes are obtained by redeeming your Rewards Points through the Rewards website pages and can be used on participating Virgin Trains East Coast Wi-Fi equipped trains. Your period of free Wi-Fi access will start from the moment you first log on to Virgin Trains East Coast Wi-Fi using the code. The code must be activated within 6 months after issue. The longer term codes (3, 6 and 12 months) can be used on an unlimited basis during the validity period of the code.
15.4.2 The code will be sent to the Member via an email and shown on the Member’s Rewards account.
15.4.3 The 3, 6 and 12 month Wi-Fi codes are only valid against one email address and for the redeeming Member only.
15.4.4 Virgin Trains East Coast cannot replace lost codes. Wi-Fi codes can however be viewed within the Member’s Rewards account.
15.4.5 You are responsible for taking steps to keep your Wi-Fi code secure to prevent unauthorised use.
15.5 Access to Virgin Trains East Coast First Class Lounges
15.5.1 Members can use Points to claim a pass that entitles them to one day (50 Points), three months (715 Points), six months (1125 Points) or twelve months (2050 Points) access to East Coast First Class Lounges.
15.5.2 Virgin Trains East Coast First Class Lounges are located in the following Virgin Trains East Coast Stations: London King's Cross, Leeds, Newcastle, Edinburgh Waverley, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Darlington, Wakefield Westgate and Doncaster.
15.5.3 The one day Virgin Trains East Coast First Class Lounge Pass Reward is valid only on the date selected and is for one person. No changes can be made after redemption. The pass may be used more than once and in more than one Virgin Trains East Coast First Class Lounge, on the specified date.
15.5.4 The 3, 6 and 12 month First Class Lounge pass Rewards can be used by the named holder for unlimited use at any Virgin Trains East Coast First Class Lounge until the date on the front of the pass. No changes can be made after redemption.
15.5.5 Virgin Trains East Coast First Class Lounge Rewards cannot be transferred, exchanged for cash or re-sold.
15.5.6 Access will not be permitted into the Virgin Trains East Coast First Class Lounge if a valid pass is not presented upon arrival. You may be asked by a member of staff to present photographic identification. Virgin Trains East Coast is not responsible if your pass is lost, stolen or damaged and replacement passes will not be issued.