First Class Lounges
With our First Class Lounges you can enjoy the little luxuries of our First Class experience before you board.
Start as you mean to go on
First Class Lounges are available at London King’s Cross (pictured above), Leeds, Newcastle, Edinburgh Waverley, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Darlington, Wakefield Westgate and Doncaster stations. Complimentary refreshments are provided in all our lounges. Our First Class Lounges also give you access to complimentary internet via Wi-Fi.
Our First Class Lounges are open to customers who hold one of the following ticket types:
- Fully inter-available First Class Season Ticket (i.e. tickets not specific to one train company)
- Any First Class Anytime ticket valid for travel on the Virgin Trains East Coast route
- Any Virgin Trains East Coast First Class business packages
- Holders of Virgin Trains East Coast First Advance tickets*
- Holders of Virgin Trains East Coast First Class Reader Offer tickets*
- Holders of Virgin Trains East Coast Rewards First Class tickets*
- Holders of Virgin Trains East Coast Rewards One Day First Class Lounge Pass (no ticket required)
All access is subject to a minimum fare of £10 (except for Rewards tickets).
*For entry into the Lounge at King's Cross when travelling on a First Advance, Rewards or Reader Offer ticket, you must purchase a £5 supplement. This can be purchased on the day of travel at any Virgin Trains East Coast Travel Centre, King's Cross First Class Lounge, or at the time of booking your ticket online.
Assistance dogs and other well-behaved dogs on leads are allowed in our First Class Lounges.
Find your lounge
Here you can locate your most convenient First Class Lounge along with all the important information you need.
Latest great value fares...
Travelling First Class can cost less than you think – take a look at some of our latest fares.