Planning on packing the kitchen sink?
We’re pretty chilled about luggage, but please limit what you bring aboard to three pieces.
Unless you have booked assistance with Journey Care in advance, you will need to be able to comfortably handle your own luggage, so get pumping iron or pack less.
Extra luggage is:
- Any items over your free allowance of three pieces
Your luggage might be refused in passenger coaches if:
- Your luggage is such that it may cause injury, inconvenience or a nuisance or it may cause damage to property
- If it’s going to obstruct doorways, gangways or corridors
- There is not enough room for it
- It has to travel in the luggage van for safety
- The loading or unloading may cause delay to trains
- Luggage is not carried or packaged in a suitable manner
Keeping your luggage safe
We’ve got a few tips to keep your luggage safe:
- Keep a close eye on your bags and check them regularly
- Make your luggage unmistakably yours with a colourful ribbon, strap or tape
- Label your luggage discreetly with your name, postcode and contact number
- Keep valuables like phones, wallets and purses hidden when not in use
- Avoid blocking doors, gangways and corridors with luggage