Your seat selector
Use our Seat Selector to choose your favourite seat
Please note: we currently have a technical issue with our seat selector which is under investigation.
You can pick exactly the seat you'd like right here with our seat selector. Aisle or window? Near the loos? Table or two to yourselves? You can reserve it when you book your ticket, and change it whenever you like.
It's not hard, but we've made a little video anyway
Watch the video below
Find your seat
Each coach has its seats numbered consecutively – all you have to do is check you’re in the right coach and follow the numbers down to your seat. You can view, download and print out seating plans below.
If you’re travelling to and from Aberdeen and Inverness, there are no power sockets in the First Class Quiet Coach (coach J).
Change your seat
You can change your seat reservations any time before you travel.
For flexible tickets like Anytime, Off Peak and Super Off-Peak, you can even change your seats to a completely new train on a different day. If you have an open return, and know when you’ll be travelling, you can reserve your seat for the home journey too.
If you’ve got an Advanced ticket, you won’t be able to change your train, but you can still choose a new seat. If you do this, your original seat reservation will be instantly cancelled and we’ll send you confirmation email with your new seats and reservation code. This takes the place of the normal orange reservation coupon, so you will need to print it out and bring it with you.
How to amend your seat reservation
1. Sign in to My Account and go to My Bookings
2. Find the booking with the seat reservations you want to change
3. Select Amend Reservations from the drop-down list
4. You then have two choices:
Option 1 – Choose new seats for the same journey
(this is your only option if you have an Advance Fare)
Option 2 – Choose new seats for a new journey
5. If you select option 2, you’ll need to select a new date and time from those shown
6. Next choose your seating preferences and click Continue
7. You will then see a confirmation screen for the new seats you have booked
8. Within a few minutes, you will receive your confirmation email. This is your receipt for the amended seat reservations, and shows the original booking reference and the new booking reference
9. Print out the confirmation email and keep with your tickets
We can only help you change your seats for bookings made on our trains, and not with bookings made with any other train operator.