More information on making a claim
- Online claim only: Claims can only be made by using our online form. It is important that you complete the online form accurately and completely. Any incomplete Price Promise refund forms will be invalid.
- Time Limits: Forms must be received by virgintrainseastcoast.com or the Virgin Trains East Coast app no later than midnight on the same day you purchased your train ticket(s) (UK time).
- Virgin Trains East Coast is not responsible for any Price Promise refund forms which are not received or delayed in transmission beyond Virgin Trains East Coast’s reasonable control.
- Evidence to be provided: Virgin Trains East Coast reserves the right to verify evidence of the lower online fare available for purchase at the lower price.
- To be eligible for a Price Promise refund, you must supply sufficient evidence of the lower online fare using a screen shot of the lower fare website at payment stage (showing the price, class, number of passengers, class, Railcards, date and time, origin and destination). Evidence must show that the lower online fare was found on the same day following the virgintrainseastcoast.com or Virgin Trains East Coast app booking being made. The journey must be identical to that purchased at the higher price.
- Any decision by Virgin Trains East Coast on the validity of a claim form shall be final.
- Refunds: If your claim form meets the requirements described above, a refund of the difference between the purchase cost of each qualifying ticket on virgintrainseastcoast.com or the Virgin Trains East Coast app and the cost of the lower online fare will be credited within 28 days of the claim having been verified by Virgin Trains East Coast.
The refund of the difference between the purchase cost on virgintrainseastcoast.com or Virgin Trains East Coast app and the total cost of the lower online fare is the sole and exclusive compensation that will be made to qualified claimants who show that Virgin Trains East Coast failed to meet the Price Promise.