First Class Lounges
Waiting to board is almost as enjoyable as the journey ahead
Rejigged. Revamped. And now reopen.
We've completely transformed all of the First Class Lounges across our east coast route, giving them brand new, sensational interiors with new areas to relax, work, hold meetings or even snooze in.
Find your lounge
Lounges are at London King’s Cross, Leeds, Newcastle, Edinburgh Waverley, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Darlington, Wakefield Westgate and Doncaster.
Select a station below to see the locations and opening hours.
Access to our Lounges
Got one of the following tickets? You’re welcome in any of our Lounges:
- Fully inter-available First Class Season Ticket (i.e. ticket needn’t be specific to one train company)
- Any First Class Anytime ticket valid for travel on the Virgin Trains East Coast route
- Any Virgin Trains East Coast First Class business packages Virgin Trains East Coast First Advance tickets*
- Virgin Trains East Coast First Class Reader Offer tickets*
- Virgin Trains East Coast Rewards First Class tickets*
- Virgin Trains East Coast Rewards One Day First Class Lounge Pass (no ticket required)
- Weekend First and Inclusive Tour Tickets (Superbreak etc.)
Your ticket has to be worth more than £10 to qualify for Lounge access (Rewards tickets count, though).
*There's a £5 supplement for entry into the King’s Cross Lounge when travelling on a First Advance, Rewards or Reader Offer ticket. This can be purchased on the day of travel at any Virgin Trains East Coast Travel Centre, King’s Cross First Class Lounge, or at the time of booking online.
Assistance dogs and well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome in our First Class Lounges. Bring an owner with you.
Latest great value fares...
Travelling First Class can cost less than you think – take a look at some of our latest fares.