Change is coming to Newark North Gate
And we aren’t talking a bit of a makeover either
We plan to make everything easier for everyone by reducing congestion at peak times on the station forecourt.
So, we’ll be improving pedestrian areas, reducing the number of vehicles at the front of the station, and upgrading the parking.
That means there will be some temporary changes over the next few months while we complete the work - but we promise it will be worth it.
What's happening when?
We're making arriving at and leaving Newark North Gate station a breeze. To do this, we’ll be improving pedestrian areas, reducing the number of vehicles at the front of the station, and upgrading the parking facilities.
There will be some short-term pain while we complete the redevelopment. Between 25 September 2017 and 31 January 2018, construction work will be going on across the car parks.
This means there will be no short-stay car parking near the main entrance (this will move to the main car park area).
We’ll also be offering 20 minutes' free car-parking in the main car park for station drop-offs.
Why is it happening?
Now the good news. And we think you’ll be pleased.
Carrying out this forecourt makeover means we'll be:
- Changing the layout of the station forecourt and long stay car park for the better.
- Adding a pedestrian crossing leading into the station entrance.
- Adding a dedicated bus stop with new electronic bus information screens and new layover area next to the main road (so buses don’t need to come into the small forecourt area).
- Introducing a new station taxi waiting stand and shelter at the south side of the forecourt to avoid congestion at the entrance to the station.
- Resurfacing the car park - and there’ll be an Automatic Number Plate Recognition system, so drivers can get in and out much quicker at busy periods. We’ll also bring in new ways to pay for parking.
Thanks for your patience
We're aiming to have all this completed by the end of January 2018. Until then, thanks for bearing with us.